The previous steering committee had been in office for 2 years. It was looking for fresh, new ideas and replacement members on the committee. Ideally, 5-7 people are required.
- Steering Committee elections were held on October 6th, 2016.
- Volunteers to run for the committee positions had to notify the current steering committee no later than September 22, 2016.
- Votes were accepted only from members who were in attendance at the October 6, 2016 meeting.
The steering committee consists of:
- Chairperson - Oversees and conducts meetings.
- Treasurer - Maintains the club financials, accounting, registrations, collection of dues and 50/50 draws
- Secretary - looks after meeting records, maintenance of members list, name tags.
- Website Coordinator - Maintains the website and email system and monthly slideshow.
- Publicity person - Responsible for posters, business cards, car signs, etc. To promote the club and events.
- Events Organizer - Responsible for determining and scheduling activities and events, monthly outings, and topic/challenge for each meeting. This individual usually calls for assistance from the membership in planning and organizing events.
The steering committee meets once a month for approximately 2 hours. If you have any questions regarding specific duties, tasks, time requirements, etc. of any of the positions, please feel free to contact the steering committee.
Kawartha Camera Club 2016/2017 Steering Committee